The City will be opening drop-in recreation programs (e.g. swim, skate) at our recreation facilities, starting February 18. Schedules can be found online.
If you are participating in a drop-in program, you must register at recenroll.ca, and may do so up to 72 hours in advance. This tells us you are coming and also guarantees your spot as capacity is limited as per public health guidelines and the province’s COVID-19 response framework: keeping Ontario safe and open.
Spring program registration
Registrations starts Wednesday, March 3 at 7:30 a.m. Programs are scheduled to begin April 6 and can be previewed at recenroll.ca. We’ll issue refunds if programs are cancelled due to low enrollment or COVID-19. Note: Summer camp registration and summer swim lessons/programs will begin later this spring. Stay tuned for details.
Here’s some important information for your visit
We’ve updated our COVID-19 screening process for anyone entering our recreation facilities.
All visitors to our recreation facilities must complete an electronic COVID-19 Visitor Screening form on the day you are entering the facility. Parents/guardians will complete this for their children as well as themselves before coming into the facility.
Masks are required unless you are under the age of 5 years old or if you have a medical reason.
We also continue our enhanced cleaning of all high-touch surfaces. Please wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer, stay two metres (6.5 feet) away from people you don’t live with, and follow the arrows to help you make your way around the building.
- Access to the pool is through the main entrance doors at West End Community Centre and the ground level entrance at Victoria Road Recreation Centre.
- Access to the facility is permitted 10 minutes prior to swim time.
- The viewing gallery is closed to the public.
- Lockers are not available for use. Swimmers must physically distance their backpacks on the gallery bench/wall.
- Showers are allowed for pool entrance only. Swimmers will enter through the Family Change Room and exit through either the Men’s or Women’s Change Room.
- Fitness room and sauna are not available at West End Community Centre.
- Access to the arena is through the back arena entrance doors at West End Community Centre and the second level arena entrance at Victoria Road Recreation Centre.
- Access to the facility is permitted 10 minutes prior to skate time.
- Shinny is not offered at this time.
- Showers and washrooms in the change room are closed. Please use the washrooms in the arena lobby.
Stay home. Please don’t come to our facilities. Take the self-assessment if you’re worried you were exposed to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) or have symptoms.
These measures are designed to keep you, your family, our employees and our community healthy and safe. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 519-837-5699.