A shout out from King George School.
The playscape at King George School is going to get new play equipment and several other elements before school starts, courtesy of the hard work of the parents on the Greening & Grounds Committee. But these tired parents need help! We would love neighbours with some free time on August 30th to pop down to the schoolyard and lend a hand. Everyone welcome! If you bring your teenager with you, we can sign their sheet for volunteer hours that they require to graduate. Please RSVP email@example.com. Full details below.
Jennifer Duggan & Aimee Bartlett
Fantastic news, Ecole King George school community!
We have all of the approvals we need in order to install the linear play structure and monkey bar before school starts!
Members of the Greening & Grounds Committee will oversee the excavation and preparation of the activity pads on August 27 and 28th. On August 29th, ABC Recreation will do their CSA-approved installation.
On Saturday, August 30th WE WILL NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please RSVP with the names of your family members who can help out and approximate timing. We also welcome all the teens you know who would like to earn their high school volunteer hours.
Children will be monitored in the kindy pen by several high schoolers who need their volunteer hours. Once all heavy equipment is off the yard, your kids can join you too.
Light refreshments provided but please bring drinks and lunch, as needed. Bring wheelbarrows, shovels, gloves, hand-weeding tools and wear sturdy shoes!
WHAT WILL WE DO?
* There are 76 cubic yards of CSA-rated engineered wood fibre that needs to surround the new equipment. Thankfully Kevin Penson of Penson Contruction (and dad to Teagan, grade 1) will operate a skid steer loader to help us out.
* The play grade mulch that currently sits in the activity pad spaces will need to be redistributed to tree wells and beds around the school yard.
* We hope to complete the trenching in of 15 lengths of white pine logs (if the County gets them felled in time, we need sunny days!) and those will need to be edged with mulch.
* Finishing work may be needed to the Butterfly Garden and the Ornamental Grass Maze.
* We also have to haul out the 3 dead dogwoods and re-plant the holes with the replacement red bud trees being sent to us from Connon’s Nursery.
* There will also be general school yard readiness tasks.
WILL IT BE FUN?
Of course! As always, our work parties are amazing community-building events. We share a lot of laughter together, as well as getting the work done.
Check out how the tree plant went in May: www.greening-committee.blogspot.ca